Monday, March 3

Re-Creation

Devotion by: LaVonne Gysan

Isaiah 65:17-21

For I am about to create new heavens
and a new earth;
the former things shall not be remembered
or come to mind.
But be glad and rejoice for ever
in what I am creating;
for I am about to create Jerusalem as a joy,
and its people as a delight.
I will rejoice in Jerusalem,
and delight in my people;
no more shall the sound of weeping be heard in it,
or the cry of distress.
No more shall there be in it
an infant that lives but a few days,
or an old person who does not live out a lifetime;
for one who dies at a hundred years will be considered a youth,
and one who falls short of a hundred will be considered accursed.
They shall build houses and inhabit them;
they shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.


Many of you know why I often choose March 3 for my day to ponder the scriptures for the Lenten devotionals. Yes, it’s my Mom’s birthday (96 today!). Wow did God have a message for me!

The theme written on my assignment sheet is: “In God’s presence, all things are brought to fullness of life.” My Mom has had a full life – more blessings than tragedies. In this Bible passage, God has said, “the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.” Mom does not dwell on the tragedies, because God has filled her mind with love, forgiveness, and joy. She always focuses on God first. She continues to be a delight to people she meets.

One year ago tomorrow Mom chose to move to assisted living. One of her two regrets of downsizing was not being able to drive herself to church. But the Lord provided faithful drivers to take her to her new church. She continues to taste the “new heaven” (Is. 65:13).

In Mom’s 96 years, she continues to be in a faithful, joy-filled and “youthful” relationship with God, as in Is. 65:20: “… for one who dies at a hundred years will be considered a youth…”

So on this special day, I say thanks to God and Mom for giving me a glimpse of the new heavens and new earth. Fullness of life is all about a Godly relationship!


PRAYER: Heavenly Father, thank you for your Love. Help us remember the important things in life – You and our fellow man. Thank you for sending Jesus your Son to show us the way. In His name, Amen.

No comments: