Wednesday, March 11

In Need

Psalm 31

Bill Carbaugh

Our enemies often seem abstract – terrorists on TV; thugs who commit terrible crimes – yet we fortunately live (for the most part) safe from those evils. In fact, as I sat to read the Psalm and write this meditation, I encountered computer problems and became distressed - my computer, or worse yet, Dell, was my enemy. As I meditated on the Psalm (while on hold for my computer problem), I calmed down and thought perhaps that my enemies are those things that distract me from the Lord and His saving love. The Psalm is quite clear where we should turn in times of distress – the Lord is our “refuge”, we need to “trust in the Lord”, he is our “rock and our fortress”. The Lord will deliver us from the hand of our enemies and has wondrously shown his steadfast love to us – now and forevermore!

PRAYER: Dear God, We encounter enemies each day and find ourselves too often in distress. Be with us this Lenten Season and throughout the year. Be our Rock and our Refuge. For you are a loving father, with your arms always extended to lend a helping hand to your children. Deliver us from the hands of our enemies and save us from the nets we become trapped in. May your steadfast love be with us now and always. In your loving name we pray. Amen.

No comments: