Wednesday, February 28

Sacrifice: Day 4

Devotion by: Brett McMillen

Proverbs 15:8

The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord,
but the prayer of the upright is his delight.

Throughout the Old Testament, we are given laws and/or instructions that God-fearing people should follow. The lists of rules are extensive. Everything is covered from how many steps to take on the Sabbath, to the proper way to worship, to how and where to offer a sacrifice. However, in this section of Proverbs, Solomon reminds us that God does not want good works with the wrong reasons.

We can easily deceive ourselves by doing good acts and believing that that is enough. By beginning with prayer, we start with a solid foundation so that good works and sacrifice can be honestly given.

PRAYER: Gracious Father, I pray to you each day so that I may become closer to you and that I may become a better person. Show me the way to open my heart to your goodness, so that I may in turn serve others. Amen

No comments: