Wednesday, April 4

Commitment: Day 4

Devotion by: Greta Rymal

Proverbs 11:25

A generous person will be enriched,
and one who gives water will get water.

When I think of commitment, one of the examples that quickly come to mind is of Beth Tozer and her role in preparing this Lenten devotion book each year. Although I did not know her well, I smiled each year as I noticed the “rabbit…” e-mail address to which we would send our materials. What commitment I knew Beth must have had as she turned around the material, often submitted at the last minute, so that the booklet would be completed on time. I knew she was often ill, but Beth fulfilled her service in bringing the Lenten Devotions to the congregation. She was generous beyond expectations, and I pray that she was refreshed through her efforts, while she was refreshing us.

PRAYER: Lord, thank you for the generosity and commitment of your servants in this congregation. Let each of us be generous as we refresh others, and help us be committed in our service to You. Amen

No comments: