Monday, June 25

Confirmation Statement of SM

What does Jesus mean to me?

Jesus means three things to me; Jesus is a figure, a presence, and a way of life. As a figure, Jesus is an idol, hero, forgiver, and savior. He has sacrificed himself to give me and every other follower a second-chance in life and in the church. He has done this so that I can serve him and live in his kingdom. Jesus is also an important figure throughout the Christian world.

Jesus has a very significant meaning to me, from the Holy Spirit to a simple prayer to even just a small game, Jesus is in my presence always and he helps me make decisions and guides me through life. He can bring many people together for one common purpose, to worship him and his kingdom. Jesus is like a father or mother to everyone who believes in him, he comforts people when they’re in need of confidence, courage, bravery, sympathy, strength, and help.

As a way of life, Jesus guides people through their life journey and he gives moral and physical support to people who need it.

How have I grown in faith and understanding of God’s grace these past few years?

I have grown physically and spiritually these past two years as I have participated in the activities of becoming a confirmed member of our church. My various small group leaders, my parents, and Pastor Scott and Pastor Gysan, have helped me achieve goals, encourage me, guide me, and help me learn more about our church and the understanding of what being a Lutheran means. The various activities such as Shekinah and Work Camp, helped me become in touch with my fellow confirmands, make new friends, and helped me better my skills and knowledge of what being a Lutheran really means. Before the Confirmation process had started, my participation in church related activities was Sunday school and Vacation Bible School, but as Confirmation progressed I became more involved in activities with my fellow confirmation participants. Work Camp was my favorite event because I got to learn how to use my hands to build a wheelchair ramp. It was fulfilling to know that our hard work would be appreciated by someone everyday they used it.

Why do I wish (or do not wish) to affirm my faith in baptism at this time?

I do wish to affirm my faith in baptism at this time. God has given me the gift of faith and I belong to Christ. I feel that I have fulfilled my duties to the point that I can become a voting member of the congregation, and that I can use my knowledge of Lutheran doctrine for the better of the church. I also feel that since the church has a big youth base, that I could contribute to our youth program and teachings in Sunday school.

Since I was baptized, I feel that I have matured both physically and spiritually, and that I have learned more about being a Lutheran that I can help in more ways than before through the church. I trust in God’s word and I think that when I affirm my faith that I will really belong to Christ as a young adult. God has given me the gift of faith and I want to use that faith to the absolute maximum.

How am I and how do I intend to use my gifts, talents, and abilities for the ministry of the church?

As a confirmed member of the congregation I will intend on using my knowledge of Christ to spread the word of God. I will help in any way that I can to make the ministry better and to make the church a better place for everyone. In the future I could help with youth events and planning of events. Also I could help with the maintenance in and around the church. With my skills and abilities I could also help organize events and help manage church related activities. I could also help with services at church such as being an usher, assistant, etc. I plan to help with the youth members of the church since they are the future confirmands and members of our congregation. As an experienced leader I intend on leading a group at an activity with the youth, such as running a station at VBS, assisting in a Sunday school class, etc.

No comments: