Tuesday, February 26

Teach Me

Devotion by: Juli Benson

Psalm 25:4-9

Make me to know your ways, O LORD;
teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth, and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all day long.

Be mindful of your mercy, O LORD, and of your steadfast love,
for they have been from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions;
according to your steadfast love remember me,
for your goodness’ sake, O LORD!

Good and upright is the LORD;
therefore he instructs sinners in the way.
He leads the humble in what is right,
and teaches the humble his way.




I love the Psalms, because they give us both wisdom and hope. Psalm 25 tells us that when we place our faith in God, we can trust Him to care for us and help us overcome the challenges life brings us. But … we must be humble and willing to let God change us. We cannot expect Him to work His transformation in our lives if we are proud and unwilling to admit that we need God’s help to bring about change. In fact, we are helpless apart from God. We need to ask Him to show us how to live according to His truths, not ours. Because of His great love for us and His compassion, He will forgive our sins when we ask Him to. And … He asks us to forgive others the same way. As we forgive others and live according to His plan, we can and will experience peace, joy and hope.

PRAYER: Gracious Father In Heaven: Thank you for the wisdom found only in your Word. Thank you for giving us a roadmap for our lives and for being that steady guide who will lead us in paths of righteousness if we are willing to humbly come before you. Thank you for loving us so much that you give your life as a ransom for ours. In Jesus’ sweet name, we pray.

No comments: