Thursday, March 18

Local Witnesses


Prue Weich

In this passage, Jesus provides further proof of his mission as the son of God and to save the Jews.  Even though his words were directed to the Jews and their leaders, they could be directed to all Christians.   To me it means I need to demonstrate the love I have for God in my heart through my belief in Jesus as his son who was sent to save us and show us how to live as God wants us to live.  

One of the ways we can show our love for God is by treating others with respect and love as Jesus taught us.  I think I have made progress with this challenge, but still have much more work to do, including volunteering to help those in need.   Another way is by reading and studying the Bible and praying.  During Lent, the devotional will help us study, but I am going to strive to spend more time talking to God throughout the day. 

PRAYER: Thank you God for the love you have shown us through Jesus your son.  Help me to be a good Christian and to follow your word.  Be with me through this time of preparation and remembrance of Jesus’ death and resurrection, and the everlasting life that it has brought us.   Help me to better understand and carry out my responsibilities to others as a true follower of Christ.

No comments: