Sunday, June 10

Confirmation Statement of AS

What does Jesus mean to me?

Jesus is a friend. I look up to Jesus in the good times and bad. He’s someone I can ask for help. Jesus is loving. Whether it’s depression, a sporting event, or even a time when everything is going the right way, Jesus is always there. It feels good knowing that there is always someone to watch over you and that there is always someone who you can talk to without being embarrassed because you know he won’t ever get mad. So basically Jesus is everything to me. He is the reason I am who I am, and the reason I am here confirming my faith to Him and God.

How have you grown in faith and understanding of God’s grace in these past few years?

My faith and understanding in God has grown very strong over the past couple of years. My best experience of my growth in faith happened in the one week I spent at work camp last year. This week taught me a tremendous amount. I don’t know if it was the work during the day and when we listened to the stories of the people we helped, or if it was the evening gatherings with our church group, or the whole camp. One story that the man we helped shared with us was that he had just been in a car accident with his girlfriend and her son. He and his girlfriend were severely injured and his girlfriend’s son had died in the back seat. The report from the doctors was never good for the man so all he could do was pray. He was almost recovered from the injury and was only required to pay weekly visits to the doctor to see how his progress was going. The man told us that his faith in God is so much stronger then it had ever been and that he owes his life to God.

Why do I wish to affirm my baptism at this time?

I wish to affirm my faith at this time and to start my journey as a strong Christian. I feel I’ve grown so much these past two years and I believe I am old enough and mature enough to take on the responsibilities of being a member of the church. I also wish to affirm my faith because I feel a strong need for Christ as I begin high school and in 4 years, college. This is why I wish to affirm my faith.

How do I intend to use my gifts, talents, and abilities for the ministry of the church?

I believe once I become a confirmed member of this church I will attend the semi annual congregational meetings and give my input on the situations that are being expressed. I will also continue to attend church services on a regular basis and attend Sunday school. I have been helping deliver the Angel Tree gifts since I was 7, and I will continue to help with that. Later in life I have a strong interest in becoming a missionary and go to different third world countries to expand the Christian faith. I do wish to spread the Christian faith one way or another, because I feel a strong need to share his stories and help others understand the reasons for Jesus’s doings.

No comments: