Monday, June 11

Confirmation Statement of AS

WHAT DOES JESUS MEAN TO ME?

Jesus is comforting. He forgives everyone of their sins and through Jesus Christ's love, everyone can reach Heaven. Jesus blessed me with a great family and he will love me no matter what. Jesus is the one who is there for everyone to lean on and he will always be there for you when no one else will.

HOW HAVE I GROWN IN FAITH AND UNDERSTANDING OF GOD'S GRACE THESE PAST FEW YEARS?

Through our confirmation lessons I have learned more about the books of the Bible and the stories in it. I have learned the history and meaning of the Ten Commandments, and our confirmation group even did a skit on these Commandments!

From studying the Book of Luke, I have learned how to pray better because of Luke's explanation of the Lord's Prayer.

I have examined more closely the life and message of Jesus and I have learned that I can always trust God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

WHY DO I WISH TO AFFIRM MY FAITH IN BAPTISM AT THIS TIME?

Through our confirmation lessons I have learned that confirmation is the spiritual development of young Christians. When I was baptised, my parents were responsible for educating me in the Christian faith, but through my confirmation classes, I have made the decision to become a child of God through Jesus Christ. I want to become a confirmed member of the Congregation and be able to give back to the Church. I feel that if I don't become confirmed, I will only be a half, not a whole, in the Christian Faith!

HOW CAN I AND HOW DO I INTEND TO USE MY GIFTS, TALENTS AND ABILITIES FOR THE MINISTRY OF CHURCH?

My Confirmation classes have taught me to identify better with the Christian Community so that I can participate more fully in its mission. I want to continue helping out younger kids who are in need through my Peer Helping Courses. I would like to continue doing charity work which was part of the Confirmation process - it made me feel so good to help other's who can't always help themselves. And I would like to positively represent the Congregation and my family through my actions - in and out of Church.

No comments: