Tuesday, June 12

Confirmation Statement of BL

What does Jesus mean to me?


To me, Jesus is like guidance counselor, when I ask for help he helps me, when I’m worried he can help calm me down, when I have questions or am unsure of something, he gives me advice and when I am down or sad he cheers me up. He does all this through the people in my life and I see him in my parents when my mom helps calm me down, my teachers when they give me advice or answers, my friends when they cheer me up and make me laugh, various other people I meet, like I might hear someone just randomly in another conversation saying something I need to hear, or even my own thoughts and ideas.


How I have grown in faith and understanding of God’s grace these past few years?


I used to go to Sunday school, listen to what the teachers and the pastors told me about God and Jesus, said “okay” and went home afterwards, now I’m more interested in my faith and I try to think deeply about God’s lessons and his meanings and how it makes sense. Though I have also started realizing what real faith is, not getting facts from teachers and just saying okay but its also realizing that you cannot always find the answers and that is when you just believe that God has it covered and you don’t have to worry about it.


Why do I wish (or do not wish) to affirm your faith in baptism at this time?


I wish to affirm my faith in baptism because although I still have questions about God and Christ, I do know that God loves me, that Jesus has saved me, and they are always with me.


How do I intend to use my gifts, talents, and abilities for the ministry of the church?


One of the best ways I think I can serve the church is by taking part in the various public service opportunities presented before me, whether it be through school like helping out at Challenger baseball, a baseball program mostly for mentally handicapped kids, or just taking part in the yearly public service day that they have in the high school next year; or through scouts because every time someone has an eagle project it helps the community or some organization; and also looking at the opportunities through the church as I have not done that thoroughly since I got here last year. I guess the other way I could serve the church is by doing what I like from day to day, which are making people laugh and giving them advice when they need it.

No comments: