Sunday, February 17

Devour It

Devotion by: Joni White

Psalm 19:8-10, 15

the precepts of the LORD are right,
rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the LORD is clear,
enlightening the eyes;
the fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring for ever;
the ordinances of the LORD are true
and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold,
even much fine gold;
sweeter also than honey,
and drippings of the honeycomb.

Moreover by them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.
But who can detect their errors?
Clear me from hidden faults.
Keep back your servant also from the insolent;
do not let them have dominion over me.
Then I shall be blameless,
and innocent of great transgression.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to you,
O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

Psalm 19 is one of David’s oldest worship hymns. It praises God the Creator and gives us a glimpse into God’s multifaceted plan for us, His creation. If we devour God’s word by studying and internalizing His life lessons, we will learn how to recognize warning signals, be rewarded for keeping His commandments and discern our hidden flaws. By taking in God’s word and allowing it to abide in us, our own words will have the power to build up, instead of destroy.

PRAYER: PRAYER (Ps. 19:14): “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Amen, amen!”

No comments: