Monday, March 2

Blessed Are They

Tim Zimmerman

Sheep on the right, goats on the left; I wonder which herd I will be put in? The scene is a glorious one. The Son of Man on his heavenly throne with all the angels around him and all the nations throughout time gathered before him. Even more glorious is the blessing that he is about to bestow on the sheep to the right. After all, it is a kingdom prepared by his Father. The kingdom’s description is especially interesting to me. No flowery words describing earthly wonders. Rather, the kingdom is described as something God prepared for us when he created the world. That is almost too grand to comprehend, but it sure sounds like something I want to be part of.

I know that my actions do not earn my entrance to this kingdom. But in this verse, I’m reminded that if Jesus loved us enough to die for our sins, then, as a believer, I should at least be able to help and show kindness to the same people he gave his life to save.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, I know that you see all that is in my heart. Strengthen my faith so that what is in my heart shines through for those around me to see. Help me to remember that true faith in you should naturally result in me loving my neighbors as you love us all. Create in me an appreciation for acts of kindness, no matter how small, as a means to do God’s will as you’ve taught us. Amen.

No comments: