Sunday, March 29

Silent Prayer

Jeremiah 31:31-34

David Tozer

In today’s passage, Jeremiah tells how God will put his law into the hearts of the people of Israel and Judah so that they will know God from within. God places that same knowledge and promise in each of our hearts today.

It is easy for us to forget how God is within us throughout our lives. In times of happiness or success we should remember a prayer to God, thanking Him for the guidance and commandments He placed in us, which helped steer us along the correct path to our achievement. Times of sadness or failure require a deeper introspection to try to determine what in God’s words within us have led to the current circumstances. And in regular, day-to-day life, we should take time to understand God’s laws which we carry and which should form the basis for our daily living.

PRAYER: Lord, Help me to remember that you are within me, guiding me with your commandments and promises. Through the power of prayer, especially the silent prayers that I speak to you from my heart, help me to learn the meaning of the promises you placed within me.

No comments: