Tuesday, March 31

Together Forever

John 8:21-30

Jennifer Hanna

Is God with us forever? He may not reveal His presence with a Biblical flourish-- no modern burning bushes or voices in the night-- but He is there in subtle ways. Do you notice situations where you can't devise a solution, yet hours or days later a simple, even elegant answer comes to you? That is God with you.

As a child, prayers consisted of "please get me a bike" or "let me ace this test". As a young adult, less selfish and more idealistic, it was "please help the needy" or "help my friend recover from illness". As a mature adult, I still pray for the well-being of others but find myself returning to personal (less materialistic) needs as well. There are also many prayers of thanks. I believe God listens, and responds.

During my morning commute I listen to a radio station that gives an inspirational thought, then plays a gospel song. (Not what you would expect from a hip-hop station...) They often play "Jesus Can Work It Out", by Dr. Charles Hayes. When life's struggles become difficult to bear alone-- family relationships, health scares, career challenges-- I remember the lyrics to the song. "Gave it over to Jesus, I stopped worrying about it." Simple and true. He is there for you. He is there with you. No matter what.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, thank you for your guidance and presence in the beginning, now, and forever. Amen.

No comments: