Wednesday, March 24

Cheer

Liz Spoto

It may seem simple, but not much can please me more than when my kids do what I ask, the first time I ask it.  Or when I see them make good choices based on things we’ve spoken about in the past.  I see that trust in their eyes. They trust that I’ve asked for a good reason; they trust that my advice or my living example to them is on the right course.  And that trust and obedience fills me up with such joy that I’m sometimes overwhelmed.  Now I won’t delude anyone into thinking that this is always the state of affairs in the Spoto household.  But when it is, boy does our family click.  Mark and I are happier.  That happiness shines down to the kids.  And everyone is in a better place. 
I have to imagine that this is what John talks about in Chapter 8: 31-42.  If our lives flow so smoothly, and such happiness results when our kids obey us, how much better our lives can be when we obey our Heavenly Father.  How great the rewards when we follow His Word and live to please Him….especially if we do it the first time He asks.

PRAYER:  Dear God, Please help us to obey your good and perfect will for us so that our lives may be filled with the happiness you intend for us.

No comments: