Monday, March 22

The Word of God


Julie Benson

I asked Liz Spoto for the March 22nd devotion as it is my birthday.  When I saw that the subject was Psalm 23, I just smiled.  I know that one by heart.  So often I recite that in the dark of night and it brings me peace and calm and a great confidence in our God.  God so clearly tell us again and again “be not afraid.  I am with you”.  I can picture God sitting over on our loveseat in our bedroom just watching us sleep and protecting us.  It is such a comforting picture and it has reassured me many times.  When friends have become very, very sick ~ naturally we feel afraid for them and scared for our health also.  God is so caring and kind to keep telling us how not to be afraid for He walks with us no matter what happens.  He will be with us in sickness, in misery, in misfortune, in sadness/depression and in ALL situations.  He is our Shepherd and we are His sheep and we need to “lie down in green pastures” and know that all is well because He alone is in TOTAL CONTROL.  So the next time you are fearful or troubled with a problem ~ stop telling God how big your problems are and tell your problems how big your God is!  It works every time!

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, Thank you for your loving comfort, thank you for consoling us with all the challenges we face in this life.  Thank you that we can rest in you and know with great confidence that you will protect us, bless us and comfort us if only we will put our trust in You.  Thank you for your Word where we can go daily to be reassured and reminded of just how much you love us. Amen!

No comments: